Monday, October 3, 2011

A few of his favorite things!




skyler loves this little animal mobile hanging over his baby crib in our room. Usually after breakfast I will put him in there for a little while and open the window while I brush my teeth and get ready for the day. Sky just laughs and giggles and smiles and squeels at all the animals going round and round

Recently we have been taking Sky for walks in his stroller using his 'big boy' seat. He's still a little small to sit in it properly but he is starting to hate being confined in his infant seat so we prop him up with blankets and things and position him so he can see all the birds and ducks and things on our walks. He loves it.... except usually falls asleep by the end.

Meet Kermy. Kermy is a little stuffed green frog that is sewed on to a pacifier. We would all be lost without Kermy. Skyler LOVES him. Its the only way to get him to sleep. Its scary how much we rely on this frog! One time we thought we lost him at my Moms house and I started to hyperventilate!

Ahhh yes, our swing. Best gift ever! Our baby likes to move! He is the biggest wiggle worm. Its almost impossible to just stand still with this little guy, he has to be rocking or walking or moving almost always. As a therapist, I try to have Skyler spend as much time on the floor mat in different positions working on his gross motor skills, but sometimes he just needs to be held and our little man is getting really heavy. When my arms feel like they are about to give out on me I put him in the swing and its like magic.  Seriously, the best invention ever!


The theraball. When Skyler was a baby it was difficulty to console him. We would rock him and walk around with him but we found that he really liked the up and down bouncy movement. At first we would do little squats with him over and over, but eventually our legs would get numb. Then I smartened up and sat on the ball with him on my lap and would bounce him that way. Genius! he still likes to be bounced on the ball from time to time and sometimes it helps him burp after feeding.

this little book was given to me by my sister in law, Aunt Erin. I love books and I love reading to my baby. As I mentioned earlier, he is so squirmy and has a hard time sitting still for me to read to him, but at night after his bath, when he is all warm and ready for bed, he'll let me snuggle him and read him a story while we rock in the chair. I love love love this book and read it to him every night and thinking about the meaning of the words makes me cry almost every time. "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be." New Mommys of baby boys need to get this book! You will love it!

Elmo! Tickle me Elmo is a recent gift from Skyler's Geegee. I try not to let Sky watch too much tv, but he has always been attracted to the lights, colors and sounds and particularly is mesmerized by sesame street. I was never a big sesame street fan when I was little, but I've been watching it a bit with him and I really like it! I've learned so much!

Bath time! I'm sooo glad that Skyler really enjoys his baths. He just splashes around and makes a mess!  I think the warm water feels good on his tummy and I always sing silly songs and make him laugh. Bath time used to feel like a bit of a chore because I was so nervous and freaked out about bathing him. But now we really enjoy this time together. Its one of my favorite things to do with him.

The blow dryer! So, this may sound a little strange, but we've been blow drying Skyler after his bath since he was about a week old. We actually got the idea when we took him for his newborn photo shoot. The photographer had a little space heater that she used to soothe the babys and it really seemed to calm him down. We tried to find one everywhere but we were out of luck looking for a space heater in Houston in the middle of the summer. So we improvised and started using the blow dryer on the low setting and he loved it! These days, he doesnt really need it anymore, but I still love using it on him. He just enjoys it and I'm able to make sure we get all the wrinkles and folds dry before I put his diaper and pj's on.

These rockabye baby lullaby CD's were a gift from our freinds Sarah and Cullen. Travis put them all on my ipod and I've been playing these for him every night before bed since he was in my tummy. We both enjoy listening to them. Our favorite right now is Aerosmith.


Bubbles! This is a new think I've been doing with Skyler. On my days home with him I take him outside, lay him on a big beach towel and blow bubbles. Its fun to see him follow them with his eyes and blink whenever they pop.

The boppy pillow and glider/rocking chair. This is usually where I nurse Skyler. Whenever he sees me get this pillow out he starts smacking his lips! He knows its feeding time!

Skyler loves his mommy. Skyler smiles and gets excited every time he sees me or hears my voice. It melts my heart :) I love that he knows I'm his mommy. Its the best feeling in the world. I love this boy!

Skyler loves his Daddy. Although there are times when only mommy will do, such as when he's hungry or needing comforting at night, most of the time, Sky loves hanging out and laughing with Daddy. Skyler's whole body laughs and squeals with delight when his Daddy plays peekaboo or makes silly faces at him and says 'Dada!' Its so funny and so sweet to watch them together.

Skyler loves his big brother Tucker. Tuck is the best dog and hardly ever leaves Skyler side. He sleeps right outside his door and runs to him when he hears him crying.

Our little boys personality is developing more and more every day. He is very good at letting us know what makes him happy and what he doesn't like. A few other things he enjoys very much is being outside, going for rides in the car, going on walks, being carried around facing outwards in the baby bjorn, playing peekaboo and singing songs with hand movements like patty cake,the its bitsy spider, this little piggie, the wheels on the bus and where is thumper. A few things that Skyler does not enjoy very much are going to sleep alone in his crib, being alone in general, and getting put in his carseat. I can't wait to see what else he will like and not like in the next few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment