Sunday, March 6, 2011

Things to remember

At my Dr.'s appointment this past Thursday, Dr. Baird notified me that I was officially in my third trimester! What?!? I was so confused cause I'm only 25 weeks pregnant. She said that the third trimester was the longest of the trimesters and that they didn't divide up evenly. But how could that be? Everything is going by so quickly! I've been trying my best to keep a journal of this experience and wanted to share a few things about our pregnancy so far that I hope to never forget:

Cravings:
in the beginning chocolate milk shakes, tator-tots, sushi, wine, rice pudding, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes.(Carbs carbs carbs!) More recently lemons, all citrus fruits, mangos, fruit snacks, fruit roll-ups, fruit by the foot, Popsicles, tuna sandwiches

Aversions:
in the beginning coffee, cookies, bell peppers, onions. More recently, nothing really.

My exercising so far has been sporadic. I'll go through weeks where I'll work out just about every day (jogging, walking, prenatal yoga/pilates) and then I'll start to feel not very good or get busy at work and not do any exercise for another few weeks.

I more or less popped around week 16. I remember my belly button looking really stretched out.

I wore my first maternity outfit at week 17-- a long sleeve maternity tee-shirt from target, maternity jeans and flip-flops

People say I'm carrying high

First felt baby kick at 16 weeks 6 days. Travis first felt baby kick at 20 weeks. Baby began kicking noticeably harder around week 22. He is so very active. Moves the most early in the morning and late at night. Feel him most when I'm lying on my back.

Baby's name: Skyler Ray French. After much much much debate and deliberation we have finally made a decision. We decided to give him a part of both his Mommy's and Daddy's names (Desiree Skye and Travis Ray). We hope that our son will inherit the very best parts of both of us.

Worst part of this pregnancy so far: I think probably the worst part for me has been just not feeling very healthy. I've always been a fairly healthy person who eats well and exercises regularly and rarely ever gets sick. I don't like feeling sick and get pretty frustrated when I get out of breath just getting ready for work in the morning. blah.

Best part of this pregnancy so far: feeling our baby move around inside of me. Seeing Travis's smile and eyes light up when he feels the baby move. Our parents excitement about their new grandchild and getting to share new developments about the baby with them. Preparing our home and our lives for our baby boy.

New Orleans trip. 22 weeks.

My Cousin Tabitha's wedding. 23 weeks.

My Dad holding his grandson for the first time :)

24 weeks

Skyler's room. His glider chair and rug finally arrived. And we got him this cute baseball lamp. This is my favorite room in the house. Travis and I sit up here for a few minutes everyday just talking and dreaming about our baby.

1 comment: