Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Our Baby Blessing

And finally I'm so very very excited and happy to announce that Travis and I are going to have a baby! I know that some of you have already heard our happy baby news but we have been waiting until Thanksgiving to share the news with the world. I am so glad to finally be able to tell everyone! Its been the most impossible secret to keep these past few months. We are now 12 weeks pregnant and everything is going along smoothly and perfectly. I have been feeling a little sick and tired over the past few weeks but overall it hasn't been too bad and I think (hope) the worst of it is behind me and I'm looking forward to the second trimester 'glow' that I have heard so much about! Travis and I have spent so much time thinking about what this next chapter in our lives will be like. We are both thrilled beyond words to finally get to experience this new world of parenthood. We both have had the best of examples on how to be amazing parents and although we have GIANT shoes to fill, we are looking forward to the challenge and so very greatfull for the opportunity.  Thank you for your prayers and love and support!  We are so happy!!
Here are the first few pictures of our little June Bug! My Mom (who's grandma name is still undecided!) coined the name 'June Bug' for little baby French since he or she is scheduled to be born on June 18, 2011 (as of now).

My Dad thinks the baby looks just like him! ;) I love this picture. The baby looks like its just sleeping peacefully.

At this first doctors visit, Travis and I weren't able to hear the heart beat yet but we could see it beating on the screen. It was the most incredible thing! Travis jumped out of his seat to get a closer view!

After we shared the news that she was going to be a grandma again with my Moma Judy, (or Gigi as she will from now on be referred to as) she sent Travis and I this adorable frame! I absolutely love it because it perfectly describes how we feel!

Trav is already such a proud Daddy :) We are both so in love with our baby June Bug!

Here are some belly shots the day after our fist ultrasound. I am 7 weeks 3 days pregnant in this picture.

Not really much of a baby belly yet (which I guess is a good thing since the baby is only 11.5 mm long at this point)

I was so happy at our first doctors appointment to hear that at 11.5 mm the baby was measuring exactly 7 weeks 2 days! He or she is already perfect!!! I can't wait to see you again little baby!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah - I have been anxiously waiting for this post. I am so excited to be called GeeGee again and can't wait for "June Bug" to arrive!!! Good thing Papa Darb is racking up the frequent flyer miles. I know you will be great parents.

    Love you both (guess I'll have to start saying "all three") Moma Judy aka GeeGee

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA!!!! I'm so happy for y'all! I love that you are calling it June Bug too! You look rockin' mama! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete