
This is the very latest ultrasound picture that we had done last Friday. Looks like we have a real baby in there afterall! We were 11 weeks and 6 days along when the picture was taken. Travis came with me but wasn't allowed inside the exam room cause they mainly wanted to do some measuring to make sure our little bug was doing okay. I kept moving around cause i wanted to get a better view of the baby and the technician lady kinda got mad at me... oops. But after she was done measuring she showed me his/her two little arms and two little legs, its little head and its heart. Its heart was beating at 156 bpm! Afterwards she gave me a few pictures of our baby so I could take to show Daddy. I was so grateful for these pictures. I can't tell you how many moments of my day have passed on by with me just staring at the pictures trying to find maybe one small detail that I hadn't seen before and maybe get just a small glimpse of who this little person inside of me is and will become. Its amazing to me how much the baby has grown in just a few short weeks! I am in a constant state of aww and wonder these days. I received a call back from our nurse a few days ago letting me know that the results of our tests came back great and everything looked good at this point. I hadn't realized I had been holding my breath until after that call came and I was able to truly exhale. I can't explain how hearing that our baby is doing well made me feel. Along with living in a constant sense of aww and wonder, I am also living in an almost constant state of fear and worry. And although I hear that worrying goes hand and hand with parenthood, I'm really working hard to just let go and trust that God is watching over and protecting our little one. But still, that phone call was the BEST Christmas present I could have asked for.
No comments:
Post a Comment