Monday, November 8, 2010

Hello and Fairwell to Fall

Fall seems to come and go so quickly here in Houston. All my life I've dreamed of living some place where the people get to experience all four seasons. Although summer time is my absolutely favorite ( I love running around in tank tops and flip flops and laying by the pool all day long and grilling outside), I think it would be so lovely to go somewhere where the leaves start to change and you feel that brisk cool air outside and how awesome would it be to have a white snowy Christmas and get to cuddle up in front of a fire? And just about the time you start getting tired of all those layers of clothes you see just a hint of green on the trees and the sun in the sky. And then Summertime! Well anyone living in Houston knows it pretty much goes from Hot hot hot to cold and thats it. Oh there may be an occasional 'cool' front that blows in now and again, but it doesn't usually stick around for long. Since we moved into our house 2 years ago I always try to extend and prolong Fall as much as I can. I usually start decorating for Fall around Aug/September and then finally make the transition over to Christmas decor sometime after Thanksgiving. Thats 3 months that I get to pretend the season has really changed. It was tough pretending this year though. Even my scare crows seemed to be telling me I was only kidding myself as they would not stay up! I can't tell you how many times they fell over this year and how many times I asked my poor hubby to go hammer them back in again. Stubborn scarecrows!
Happy Fall!!!


pumpkin patch and scare crows!

Scare crows down! I give up. So long Fall.

1 comment:

  1. I guess you need to move to Indiana !!!!
    I'm enjoying your blog - love you, Moma Judy

    ReplyDelete